In response to Jamelia's bodyshaming comments earlier in the week, something incredible has happened. Debz, a plus-size blogger at Wannabe Princess, started the #WeAreTheThey campaign, encouraging women of all sizes to share photos of themselves to prove that the "they" Jamelia speaks of are real people living real lives. The campaign quickly gained momentum and ended up trending at #2 in the UK, second only to #WelshDebate.
Scrolling through the hashtag now brings up photo after photo of gorgeous women showing off their fabulous bodies and style. Many have tweeted to express how they have been inspired by the movement, with some even sharing full-length photos for the first time. What a perfect testament to the power of social media!
In honour of celebrating #WeAreTheThey, here is a very small selection of the confident, inspiring ladies (and men!) sharing their images. I urge everyone to look through the hashtag- I promise you'll come away feeling empowered!
In honour of celebrating #WeAreTheThey, here is a very small selection of the confident, inspiring ladies (and men!) sharing their images. I urge everyone to look through the hashtag- I promise you'll come away feeling empowered!

Who would have thought that out of such a negative place would come so much positivity and inspiration? Hooray for social media!











0 comments:
Post a Comment